Are you planning to buy a jet ski? With so many options to choose from, selecting a reliable jet ski can be confusing. Not only should a jet ski be reliable, but it should also be worth the money that you spend. Here is a comprehensive list of the most reliable jet ski models available for you to choose from.
Listed below are some of the best and most reliable jet skis available in the market at present:
|Jet Ski Brand
|Waverunner VX Limited
Jet skis are not something that you buy frequently. Think of your jet ski as an investment that should last you a long time. Therefore, the jet ski you buy should be reliable and made up of top-quality materials. To make an informed decision, you should be aware of the various jet ski models and styles available in the market.
Most Reliable Jet Skis
Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Sea-Doo are the top brands that make the most reliable and trustworthy jet skis. Their products are used by people all around the world. These jet ski models have been tried, tested, and reviewed by numerous experts. The brands have a loyal customer base that trusts their products implicitly.
Each of these brands has its top models that you should consider while buying jet skis. Here are some details about these models.
Yamaha’s Most Reliable Jet Skis
Yamaha’s jet skis are famous for their unique and powerful engines. They are the perfect combination of long-lasting and powerful jet skis. Even though Yamaha jet skis are costlier when compared to other brands, their build quality and performance are top-notch. You can rest assured that your Yamaha jet ski will give you the best experience and will last a long time.
Some of the other unique features of Yamaha jet skis include excellent fuel efficiency that will allow larger intervals before it needs to be refueled and a smooth braking system for fluid motion control.
If you plan to use your jet ski with family and their safety is your top priority, Yamaha’s turn without acceleration feature will be useful for you. Their Ride technology feature also allows smoother and safer turns. There are additional safety features available in the jet skis that make riding them safer.
If you like servicing and maintaining your vehicles and are a DIY enthusiast, Yamaha is the brand for you. Their jet skis are easy to maintain on your own and can save you a significant amount of money in maintenance annually.
Yamaha’s Waverunners line has some of the best and most trustworthy jet skis. Although Yamaha is the top choice for many people, their jet skis might not be a great fit for you based on your requirements. Your requirements and priorities for your jet ski should be clear before you decide to buy a jet ski.
These are some of the best jet skis offered by Yamaha:
- Yamaha’s Waverunner EX – This is one of the most popular jet ski models from Yamaha and comes with a powerful engine and numerous safety features. This jet ski can sit three people and provides dual mirrors that are essential for good visibility. Priced at $7,800, slightly higher than Sea-Doo Spark, the jet ski provides a unique experience to the riders. Similar to Sea-Doo Spark, Yamaha’s Waverunner EX is like a version of the rec-lite model.
- Yamaha Waverunner EXR– The Waverunner EXR is a higher and better model of the Waverunner EX. The engine of this jet ski is more powerful, and the body is lighter in weight. Fast speed lovers prefer the EXR over the EX model due to the higher top speed. The jet ski uses Yamaha’s lightest composite, NanoXcel 2, on the hull and the deck that provides faster acceleration.
- Yamaha Waverunner VX Limited – The Waverunner VX Limited is another popular jet ski model among consumers. This model balances powerful engines with multiple safety features. It allows you to seat three people, has plenty of storage space, and is one of the best options for people with family and children. Priced at $11,300, the performance of this recreational jet ski is unmatched.
- Yamaha Waverunner FX Cruiser SVHO – If you are looking for a luxury jet ski that caters to your every requirement, then Yamaha’s Waverunner FX Cruiser SVHO is the one for you. The jet ski is priced at $16,000 and offers a unique and luxurious experience. It comes with premium features such as a touchscreen interface, self-draining footwells, and top of the line build material. The engine is powerful, and it would certainly be a good investment.
Sea-Doo’s Most Reliable Jet Skis
If you are a new jet ski user and are hesitant to spend a huge amount of money on jet skis, then Sea-Doo is the brand for you. The company makes quality jet skis that have top-notch features at a reasonable price. Most people who are new buyers prefer to buy a jet ski model from Sea-Doo’s extensive catalog.
Jet Ski’s made by Sea-Doo is family-friendly, pocket friendly, and safety centric. With a huge collection to choose from, Sea-Doo has something for everyone. Match your requirements to the specifications of one of their jet skis and have a world-class jet ski experience. Some of the most popular Sea-Doo jet ski models are:
- Sea-Doo Spark– The first model on this list is one of the most popular jet skis sold by Sea-Doo. Its reasonable price of $5,500 makes it a popular choice among customers who are buying their first jet ski. This model would be considered as a rec-lite jet ski that can carry up to 3 people.
- Sea-Doo Spark Trixx– The Spark Trixx model is one of the best jet skis available for people who like to perform water tricks and stand while riding a jet ski. It is not the best option for people who plan to take their families on the jet ski. However, it is loaded with features like step wedges and an adjustable telescopic handlebar. Costing around $7,500, the jet ski is great value for money.
- Sea-Doo GTI Series– The GTI series, being one of the best jet skis sold by Sea-Doo, offers a lot of unique features. One of them being Eco Mode that allows more fuel efficiency and better overall performance. The jet ski costs $8,850 and offers abundant storage space and a good standard sized seat. It weighs more than the Spark models and may not be the best option for people looking for lightweight models.
- Sea-Doo RXP-X 300 – This jet ski comes with an ultra-powerful engine that is made for professional jet ski users. This model focuses more on performance rather than luxury and is optimized for racing and other sports. The overall design of the jet ski, with a deep V shape and carefully designed hull, is also made for racing. The Sea-Doo RXP-X 300 costs close to $15,500 and is one of the best jet skis available for a powerful performance.
Kawasaki’s Most Reliable Jet Skis
Yamaha jet skis are famous for their powerful engine, and Sea-Doo has an extensive collection of jet skis with reasonable rates. Similarly, Kawasaki’s jet skis are known for their fast speeds and powerful engines.
Kawasaki jet skis are perfect for people who like fast jet skis. It might not be the best option for people with family and children. These jet skis are built for customers who are familiar and comfortable with high speeds in water. The company doesn’t offer any rec-lite models as they cater to a completely different clientele. Power and speed are the company’s unique selling points.
The powerful engines and speed centric designs make the Kawasaki jet skis expensive. The company offers features that are unique to their products and would not be found in other brands. Some of their top models offer luxury features such as built-in speakers, heat resistant, comfortable seats, etc. The company does not offer any budget-friendly options. If you are looking for a powerful jet ski that allows great water speed, then Kawasaki should be your first option. The high speeds and powerful engines would allow you to ride comfortably for a long time.
One of the drawbacks of having a powerful engine is that it isn’t the easiest to work with. You might need help maintaining your jet ski. If you love working on engines and are interested in working on your jet ski, then this is a great option for you. These are the top jet ski models offered by Kawasaki:
- Kawasaki Jet Ski SX-R– Priced at approximately $10,000, this is one of the Kawasaki best sellers. If you are looking for a jet ski that will physically challenge you, then this is the model for you. With an updated platform, plenty of storage options, a V bottom hull, and all-controlling handlebars, this model is a top Kawasaki jet ski.
- Kawasaki Jet Ski STX-15F– The STX-15F jet ski blends powerful performance and durability perfectly. With a speed capacity of 63 miles per hour and a 62-horsepower engine, it is a great option for thrill-seekers. It costs $9,800 and comes with unique features such as dual mirrors with wide-angle capacity.
- Kawasaki Jet Ski Ultra 310X– The Ultra 310X jet ski is an expensive jet ski that costs $15,400 but has features that justify its price. This model provides quality features such as adjustable handlebars for multiple people, a 56 gallons storage space, a deep V hull, and a fuel economy mode that uses fuel efficiently. Beginners can also attempt to ride this jet ski without any problems.
Types of Reliable Jet Skis
The first step of buying the correct jet ski is to know the various types of jet skis available in the market. The features of your jet ski should match your requirements. In total, there are five types of jet skis that have been segregated based on their function:
These jet skis are the most basic models offered by companies. These are perfect for beginners or for people who plan to use a jet ski casually. These jet skis are the cheapest among all the types of jet skis and were introduced by Sea-Doo. Now, both Sea-Doo and Yamaha sell these models under their Spark and EX lines, respectively.
The average price of a Rec-Lite model can range from anywhere between $5,399 to $9000. These are the most popular models as they are inexpensive and do not require a huge sum of money.
These jet skis offer average performance and speed. You can expect these jet skis to run at a maximum of 40 to 50 miler per hour. Most people who plan to use the jet ski with family and children go for these models. You can buy yours according to your seating requirements. Companies have one-seater, two-seater as well as three-seater Rec-Lite jet ski models. Even though these are not the most luxurious and comfortable jet skis, they are perfect for beginners and casual users. You can expect your Rec-Lite models to last for a long time.
If you have ever rented a jet ski, you would know about the Recreational Models of jet skis. One of the most popular types of jet skis sold worldwide, recreational models are made with better quality materials and are slightly more expensive than Rec-Lite models. All major companies that manufacture jet skis have recreation models.
This is a good option for a family with children. Most recreation models also have multiple safety features as well as storage options, which makes them perfect for family-centric use. These jet skis can go up to 60 miles per hour. Recreation models are generally a good investment as you get a good quality jet ski without spending too much. They are some of the cheapest jet skis available in the market.
Tow-sports models are designed for special use. Casual users looking for a normal jet ski may not find this to be their best fit. If you love tow-sports, then these types of jet skis are for you. Sea-Doo is the only jet ski company that offers this jet ski model. This makes these jet skis one of a kind. Some of the top Tow-sports models are Wake 155 and Wake Pro 230.
Most of these jet skis have powerful engines to support and stabilize the jet ski. The maximum speed that can be reached on tow-sports models is 50 to 60 miles per hour. One of the top reasons why this model of a jet ski is famous is its high resale value. These jet skis can cost anywhere between $10,000 and $15,000.
Luxury models are expensive and offer features that match the higher prices. These models are best for people who are jet ski owners and experienced jet ski riders. The luxury models are definite upgrades from the rec-lite and the recreation models. They offer features and amenities that make riding the jet skis easier and more comfortable.
Packed with powerful engines, these jet skis can reach up to the speed of 65 miles per hour. As the name suggests, you can expect some luxuries on these models that are not available on any other models. The build quality is top-notch, and therefore, these can cost around $15,000.
Performance models are the ones that are designed and manufactured specifically for racing. These models are not the ones that are purchased by regular people who wish to enjoy their time on the water.
Performance models are priced at around $17,000 and have powerful engines, high-speed performance, comfortable seats, etc. These models can go up to the speed of 80 miles per hour and are created solely for professional racers and water sports enthusiasts.
How to Know Which Jet Ski is Right for You
Not all jet skis would suit you and your requirements. Companies like Yamaha, Sea-Doo, and Kawasaki offer different models with different features to cater to a large pool of customers. The models mentioned in this list are some of the most reliable jet skis offered by these companies. The strengths and weaknesses of all these models have been highlighted to help you make an informed decision.
The best jet ski for you will be the jet ski that fulfills most of your requirement criteria. You may have different needs than other people and would, therefore, choose a different jet ski model. You do not have to stick to a particular model or a brand. If you end up loving your jet ski, you can upgrade it within a few years. Think about the specific requirements you have at present and make the best decision based on your needs.
Here is a checklist that will help you make sure that you choose the right jet ski. Before starting to shop, you should decide which type of jet ski would be the best for you. It could be rec-lite or recreation or even luxury if you have the money for it. While taking the decision, remember to answer these questions to understand your needs:
- Is this your first time buying a jet ski?
- Will you be a casual or a frequent jet ski user?
- Do you see yourself or your family indulging in water sports?
- Are you buying the jet ski for a small family or a big family? How many seats would you require?
- How much storage would you require?
- What amount of money are you planning to spend on a jet ski?
- Will you be able to maintain the jet ski yourself?
- What all safety features are a must?
- How will you transport the jet ski?
- Where will you store your jet ski?
- What type of insurance would you take for your jet ski?
With a plethora of options available in the market, it might be confusing to select one jet ski. Answer these questions to get a clear idea of what you require. Companies come out with new and upgraded models frequently. You can look at the latest models and take them for a test.
You can check this website to get more information on jet skis. This website will also guide you about the other equipment and accessories you might require.
While buying a jet ski, you should keep in mind that not all jet skis are the same. Some of the most reliable jet skis on the market right now are listed above. Try to find one which fits your needs from these jet skis. It is advisable to not jump into this without proper research.