How To Do an RV Bedroom Renovation in 3 Steps
Remodeling an RV bedroom makes many RVers break out a cold sweat. But it shouldn’t be scary.
In fact, it’s fun, and there are a lot of ways you could transform your dated little space into some amazing.
I’ll share how much difference simple changes can make in an area that can hold a little more than your bed.
RV Bed Upgrade
The bed is the first upgrade you should focus on in your RV bedroom. It’s your spot for rest, relaxation, and recharge. It’s also the most prominent thing in your bedroom.
Granted, it’s easy to think there are limited options for the RV bed, but far from it.
Here’re the main things to keep in mind when upgrading your RV bedroom:
There’s a wide range of bed styles to consider for your RV, but your RV lifestyle should inspire the ideal style.
- General Note: Please allow 24 - 72 hours for your mattress to regain its full shape; memory foam will expand faster in a warmer room. The expansion time of the mattress will vary as per the surrounding
- RESPONSIVE HYBRID DESIGN: The contouring comfort of memory foam and the durable, bouncy feel of steel springs come together in one hybrid mattress to create our most popular mattress ever
- UNBEATABLE VALUE: Comfort meets value when it comes to this affordable Short Queen size mattress, it’s made with durable materials to give you and your family good sleep for many years to come.Top:100% Polyester
- MEDIUM-FIRM FEEL: With multiple supportive layers, this 8 inch medium-firm feel Short Queen mattress provides just the right amount of support, not too soft and not too firm for universal comfort
- SHIPS TO YOU: With direct shipping to your door, this innerspring and memory foam mattress is so much more than just a bed in box—it’s the complete package
- 【BREATHABLE DESIGN】- Molblly 10 inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress is designed with a 3 layer all-foam system for improved support and heat dissipation, the mattress layers include 2 inches of memory foam, 1 inches of comfort layer and 7 inches of high-density base support foam for ultimate comfort. Removable and washable mattress soft cover layer for your convenience.
- 【CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED】- Memory Foam Short Queen Mattress meets CertiPUR-US Certified for Performance, Emissions, and Durability, the premium mattress you've been dreaming of for luxury.
- 【SOFT AND SKIN-FRIENDLY】- The design of the all-foam bed combines expertise, the best materials and advanced sleep technology. Memory foam facilitates continuous airflow and breathability; skin-friendly fabric adapts to the environment to keep the mattress surface at the ideal sleeping temperature; buoyant, non-sinking support foam adapts and conforms to your body for optimal pressure relief; and special foams reduce the transfer of your partner's motion for an undisturbed night's sleep.
- 【EASY SHIPPING & INSTALLATION】-Molblly Short Queen RV mattress is compressed, rolled up, and boxed for shipping and easy installation; fits easily through narrow hallways and stairs. The mattress fits all bed frames such as box springs, floor, slatted bases, flat beds or adjustable beds.
- 【100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE】-Molblly Short Queen RV mattress come with a 10-year warranty and 30-day money back policy. We have a dedicated customer service team that can help you with any dissatisfaction you may have. Please feel free to contact us if you are not satisfied in any way. Note: mattress is recommended to be dried and re-moulded within 72 hours.
Three of the most popular styles are:
1. Single sleeper
A single sleeper bed is also known as a folding bed. A big benefit of these beds is they can easily fit into your RV wall, freeing up much of the coveted RV floor space.
Some of these beds also have dual functionality and can transform into a sofa. They’re perfect when RVing alone and need some extra space.
2. Crew beds
Aptly named the crew beds, this style is perfect when you’ve multiple people on board.
Some of the popular styles of beds n this category include stacked bunk beds and overhead bunks. They’re perfect for accommodating multiple users while saving on space.
The traditional bed is your typical RV bed. It’s an OEM bed.
However, these beds aren’t close to your home bed. They’re generally shorter and smaller and come with rounded corners.
Every time I get a new motorhome, the first thing I usually do is replace the mattress. The truth is most RVs will underwhelm you with their bedding.
Most of the bedding is thin pads on plywood, and it seems brutal just laying on them for a few minutes. They’re worse than carpet on a concrete slab.
And here’s the thing, I’m by no means a mattress snob or anything. My home mattress isn’t fancy either, and I occasionally crash out on my couch. I can pretty much sleep anywhere.
The problem with OEM RV mattresses is they are trash, and hard, even when they use the brand one. It’s a difficult experience sleeping on one, especially if you’re used to a plush one at home.
If you’re disappointed with your RV bed, I suggest a foam topper until you get a new RV bed. I like the cool-jell memory foam because it doesn’t get too warm and keeps my sweating in check.
One thing to understand is that RV foam toppers are a band-aid. You need a decent base to use a topper, and if your RV mattress is crap, it’ll eventually sag or sink after several uses.
- PERSONALIZED COMFORT: Plush gel infused memory foam conforms to your curves for personalized comfort that hugs you to sleep—available in 2 or 3 inch mattress topper profiles
- PERFECTLY PAIRED: Pair your memory foam gel topper with a mattress topper cover for added protection and enhanced comfort, or just order the topper on its own—either way we’ve got you covered
- MATTRESS MAKEOVER: Rejuvenate an old mattress, soften a too-hard mattress, or simply prolong the life of your mattress with a protective layer of gel infused memory foam
- EASY SETUP: Your gel infused mattress topper arrives compressed, but set up only takes 4 easy steps: open your package, unroll the mattress, cut the plastic, then allow 24-48 hours to expand (allow extra time for expansion in cooler temperatures)
- REST ASSURED: Sleep soundly knowing your mattress topper is CertiPUR Certified. Available in a full range of sizes, you're getting the best of the best with our high quality gel infused memory foam.
- Extra Thick & Supportive: TopTopper mattress topper is made of overfilled (50% 3D + 50% 7D) virgin fiber, the most advanced virgin fiber fabric filling, to ensure the Comfort and thickness of the mattress topper, 1.5 inch thickness provide sufficient support for the body, let you feel full score of energetic every morning you wake up. Compared to the traditional mattress topper, it uses 3D velvet instead of padding to disperse body weight and prevent sagging.
- Ultra Fluffy & Super Soft: TopTopper mattress topper with tight woven and cooling fiber Technology padding makes the mattress topper super fluffy with breathable circulation inside, so that the mattress topper to maintain softness and elasticity. The ergonomic angle design fits perfectly on your back, allowing you to have a good night's sleep.
- Deep Pocket Design & No Deform: 8-21 inch stretch deep pocket can perfectly wrap your mattress topper and can be easily placed on most mattress topper, you can turn over freely on quiet nights without noise or worry about mattress movement. The mattress pad is made of high-quality materials using the woven technology of the shirt, which is durable, and there is no risk of tearing even if it is cleaned frequently, let alone deformation.
- Cool Feeling & Sleep Well: The cooling microfiber topping material gives you a cool feeling. The 50% virgin cooling microfiber added to the fillings creates the possibility of breathing in the mattress pad, ensuring breathable circulation inside the mattress. The flow of air makes you do not feel uncomfortable or too hot at night. The high-density mattress pad interior material can absorb moisture and dry quickly, actually balancing your body temperature throughout the night.
- Customer Service & Care Instruction: TopTopper cooling mattress topper are Oeko-Tex 100 certified, do not contain harmful substances, and help decrease the negative outcomes of a person who has sensitive skin. Machine washable, under gentle cycle with chilly water, tumble dry low. Please DO NOT iron, DO NOT dry clean. If you have any inquiries or issues, please feel free to contact us, we'll get back to you within 24 hours.
My most common suggestion to RVers having issues with their OEM RV beds is to buy a new mattress and save the cost of a topper.
A new mattress is much more comfortable, and you’ll sleep like a baby when you get one. And depending on the size of your RV, you could even fit a standard queen bed. Talk of luxury!
Custom RV Mattress
From experience, most foam shops make custom mattresses. And the good thing with custom RV beds is they make one according to the firmness, density, color, and material you want.
You can even order layers like gel foam or memory foam.
In all our RVs, we’ve ordered foam mattresses because they’re ultra-light, and this is handy if weight is a concern or you just don’t like wrestling heavy mattresses.
Bedroom Curtains and Blinds
The debate between curtains and blinds is usually the basis disagreement in my RV.
I’m a curtain person because they bring style and comfort to the bedroom. They’re also much easier to maintain, cheaper, and easily changed when I want to.
On the other hand, my partners love the ease of the blinds.
Either way, the bedroom windows are one department you can upgrade without much effort.
- These RV blinds in cappuccino are a great replacement or upgrade to your RV. They are light enough that they will not collect lots of dust and allergens and will easily raise and lower.
- Closing the blinds to block out harmful UV rays or to just get some privacy is a much-needed application in an RV, which is why we wanted to give you an option that moved with ease. While being light in weight, they are opaque and are not able to be seen through. With this level of privacy, they are great for nighttime.
- The cappuccino color is also perfect for RV interiors, with the calm and solid color helping add a relaxing vibe to your home away from home. Durable and long-lasting, they’ll keep you in comfort for a long time to come. Installation is quick and easy with the mounting hardware provided and once it’s up, it’s easy to move and use.
- If returned Items are due to the customer ordering the wrong size, style, or color, they are automatically subject to a 10% restocking fee unless otherwise noted in product description.
- Easy installation: Our RV blinds pleated shades are super easy to install, 10 minutes done. The instruction and mounting screws&brackets are includes in the package of RV pleated shades
- High Quality: The RV window shade is made of thick pleated fabric, it’s durable. Perfect rv shutters replacement for RV/Camper shades.
- Privacy protection:Our RV privacy blinds are opaque, provides high level privacy in your RV Camper Travel Trailers Motorhome.
- Shading effect: The Camper blinds blocks sunlight out, helps to darken and keep our living spaces cool.
- Block UV rays out: The RV blinds shade shutters can block UV rays out and prevent RV interiors from discoloring.
RV Bedroom Curtains Vs. Blinds
Your RV’s size and capacity should be your guide when picking between the two.
Roller blinds could be the perfect upgrade if your bedroom size is small. They’re smooth, unobtrusive, and give the vibe of a bigger space. They also make your RV windows look colossal, tall, and spacious.
On the other hand, if your RV bedroom is generally spacious, the curtains will provide a warm, cuddly feeling.
Curtains are also perfect when you need a reasonable play of regular light. I like the thermal curtains because they make a huge difference in the room’s temperature and are perfect when battling the summer heat. It keeps the sun’s rays out.
Whichever shade you pick, it should have room-darkening properties. It’s important to seal or block light in your RV bedroom.
Personally, the darkened curtains usually help with random lights in the RV parks or at Walmart. They’re also handy if your dog is always barking at strangers when going for a walk through the park.
And if you’ve kids, these darkened curtains will plunge a glaringly bright room into the perfect darkness, so your kids won’t wake up at 5:30 am.
RV Bedroom Closet Storage
RV bedrooms are generally tiny, so you need to consider the storage possibilities.
It’s unlikely you’ll fit an entire wardrobe into your RV bedroom, but you could use some clever storage solutions to expand your space.
- 【LARGE & MULTI-USE STORAGE】 A total size of 56" x 18" x 56" for this storage shelf. Each storage cube is 14"x18"x14" large, 3x more space than normal cube. Great storage space to store folded clothes, bags, accessories, shoes, books, toys, yarn and pretty much anything you want!
- 【MODULAR STORAGE】Separate cube storage helps keep your clothes tidy, all your things are precisely matched.
- 【INGENIOUS DESIGN】Customizable and Classic design so that they can fit into different places with different styles of decoration.
- 【HASSLE-FREE ASSEMBLY】Simple assembly in a brief time with detailed installation manual and video provided.
- 【EASY MAINTENANCE】Dust-resistant wardrobes keep your clothes away from dirt and water-proof panels are easy to clean.
- Space saving organizer: 50" length x 17.7" width x 66" height, which makes it suitable for organizing your storage space.
- Non woven fabric zippered cover, not the sliding curtains. High quality steel tube. PP plastic connectors.
- Spacious clothes closet: Space is a big problem for storage. This type of closet could give you the big space for clothes.
- Portable storage closet will meet your long term storage needs.
- Easy to assemble, no tools required. By the way, please make sure to insert rods into the bottom of plastic parts, protect the cover and fabric shelves from being torn due to the incorrect size of the frame. If found extra components are replacement parts.
One of my go-to storage hacks is using hanging accessories. Adding hooks or a line of tight, sturdy wire across your RV bedroom will provide a brilliant space to hang your belts, scarves, tops, purses, pants, and even skirts.
However, before installing the hanging line, ensure it’s up to the task and that it can handle your load and everything.
Hangers are yet another space-saving hero in an RV bedroom. Hangers are pleasant for storing items that don’t need folding, such as bras or tank tops.
The hangers are great, where there’s not a lot of space to play with.
A slim shoe cabinet is also a handy space-saving measure in your RV. I find it more convenient and clutter-free than throwing shoes on the closet floor.
You could also make out of your storage wall space or back doors. Attach a rack, shelve or any other vertical storage space of your RV wall or back of the door and use it to hang items such as necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and even shoes.
I also like putting plastic bins and drawers under my RV bed. The binds are handy for keeping my room clutter-free and storing away clothes.
But the most important RV bedroom storage tip is the organization doesn’t stop after remodeling. It’s important to clean and declutter your bedroom at regular intervals.
Downsize and eliminate stuff you’ve not been using, as they’re likely to distract you from the style and function of your RV bedroom.